Pumpkin is not only very tasty, it is also very healthy! It is packed with vitamin B, a vitamin that you do not often find in other vegetables or fruits in such a high concentration. In addition, pumpkins contain many minerals and it is a super source of lutein. This improves your cognitive skills, your learning ability, memory, concentration and focus. Enough reasons to regularly put a recipe with pumpkin on the table at this time of the year. Today we make a pumpkin soup that will give your brain a delicious boost.
In addition to pumpkin, this soup contains avocado. Rich in monounsaturated fats, this fruit improves communication between neurons and memory. We puree the soup so that children can easily eat or drink it
What do you need for pumpkin soup with avocado?
You need the following ingredients for four large cups of soup:
- 1 bottle squash
- a large sweet potato
- Red pepper
- 1 large beef tomato
- 1 red onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- one liter of chicken or vegetable broth
- Possibly pepper and salt
How do you make this delicious pumpkin soup?
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Peel the garlic cloves and cut into pieces.
- Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and the threads and cut into 2 cm pieces. (or buy 400 grams of ready-made cubes)
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Cut the onion, pepper and tomato into pieces
- Meanwhile, put the broth on
- Mix all the vegetables together in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons olive oil and thyme.
- Grab all the vegetables for 10 minutes in a pan snacks.
- Add the thyme and turmeric
- Add all the vegetables and the avocado to the broth
- Let it cook briefly and puree with a hand blender to a creamy soup.
- Divide the soup in 4 bowls
Why is this pumpkin soup healthy??
Our brains consist of more than half fat. These must be regularly supplemented with new, healthy fats. Pumpkins contain a lot of fatty acids, so they have a very good effect on your brain. Avocado is also full of this. It also stimulates blood circulation, which is also important for the functioning of your brain.