Do you want to give your child something nice and healthy in their lunch box. How about egg muffins. Super easy and quick to make. You can hide different vegetables in it so that they also get some healthy vitamins at lunchtime. An additional advantage is that you can also use your vegetable scraps well. In the context of less waste of food, you are therefore also doing well.
What you need for 6 muffins
- 5 egg’s
- vegetables in cubes: for example, mushrooms, peas, pieces of tomato, celeriac or parsnip.
- cheese: cubes of young mature cheese, mozzarella or grated Parmesan
- salt, pepper and possibly some herbs (thyme, paprika or basil)
- meat, such as diced ham, chicken or minced meat.
The above ingredients are just a few suggestions, see for yourself what you have at home or what your child loves.
This is how you make the egg muffins.
- Preheat the oven (hot air) to 180 degrees.
- Beat the eggs with pepper, salt and possibly some spices. (We have one with six trays, for a can with twelve you take double the amount of ingredients)
- Fill the trays with different combinations of vegetables and / or meat.
- Then pour the trays full with your egg mixture.
- Put the muffin can in the oven and bake the muffins in 15 to 20 minutes golden brown. They become nicely convex in the oven, but as soon as you remove the baking pan from the oven, it collapses just as quickly. This is not bad, they taste no less.
- When the egg muffins are cool, you take them out of the can.
Why egg muffins are healthy
These egg muffins are healthy because they are made from natural products and there is egg, vegetables and possibly meat in it. Eggs contain proteins such as choline. Choline is important for the development of our brains.