If you have children who refuse to eat vegetables, or with great difficulty, soup is really a solution. Something different than the standard soup is this simple zucchini soup. Deliciously nutritious and made in 30 minutes.
Zucchini has a fresh, neutral taste with firm flesh. The zucchini is a versatile vegetable that you can prepare in different ways. You can cook it, steam it, stir it, grill it, use it in a salad or make it into a delicious soup.
What do you need to make zucchini soup?
There are many tasty recipes for delicious zucchini soup. This is especially popular among children.
For 4 people you need the following ingredients:
- 3 Courgettes
- 1 Onion
- 1 Liter of vegetable stock
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Tub of herb cheese with garlic
- Coconut oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
How do you make the zucchini soup?
Just like all soups, it is also fairly easy to prepare:
- Wash the zucchini and coarsely grate them. Peel and chop the onion.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan.
- Fry the onion in it. Add the grated courgettes and fry for 3 minutes while stirring.
- Pour in the stock and add cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Let it simmer for about 25 minutes with the lid on the pan.
- Puree the whole with a hand blender
- Add the herb cheese and mix well into the whole.
Do you want to make the soup a little stronger? Then add one or two potatoes. Cook these through the soup and puree them.
Why is this soup healthy?
Zucchini is a fruit with a low starch content. Which means it is low in carbohydrates and high in fiber. This ensures a good saturated feeling. Zucchini contains various B vitamins, including vitamins B1, B2, B6 and vitamin B11, better known as folic acid. These vitamins are important for your metabolism, keeping your brain healthy and a healthy energy level.