It is autumn again, ideal weather for a delicious pan of steaming homemade soup. I love homemade soup, it has it all, it is healthy, nutritious, easy and super tasty! This beetroot soup with fresh apples is prepared in 20 minutes.
Soup has a nice additional advantage. If your children do not drink that much during the day, soup is ideal. Soup keeps your moisture level up. A 250 ml portion of soup provides one sixth of the daily recommended amount of fluid in a child.
The beetroot is a superfood that unfortunately is not yet appreciated by everyone. Although it is a very healthy vegetable.
What do you need for this beetroot soup?
For a delicious pan of beet soup for four people, you need the following ingredients:
- 500 grams of beetroot (about 5 pieces)
- 1/2 celeriac
- 1 apple (goudreinet)
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 800 ml vegetable broth
- 150 ml of crème fraiche
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make the beetroot soup?
- Peel the beets and cut into small cubes. Also peel and dice the apple and celeriac.
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a soup pan and fry the onion and garlic for about 3 minutes.
- Add the beetroot, celeriac and apple and fry for about 5 minutes. Scoop the mixture occasionally.
- Add the water and the bouillon tablets, bring to the boil and let the soup – with the lid on the pan – gently boil for about 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup with the hand blender,
- Stir the crème fraîche into the soup and bring it to the boil briefly.
- Season the soup with some pepper and possibly salt.
- Garnish the soup with the parsley.
Why is beetroot soup healthy?
Beetroot is very healthy. They are a good source of vitamins A and C, essential for a strong immune system. They are rich in healthy nutrients and fiber. They contain a lot of iron, detoxify the liver and purify the blood.