On busy weekdays I am always looking for easy, healthy and above all nutritious recipes. I find well-filled soups ideal. You can prepare them well the night before, so that everyone can quickly sit down while eating or one of the children can warm up some soup before exercise. The pumpkin soup is a tasty and colorful soup that is regularly on the table.
Making pumpkin soup is not as difficult as you may think. Pumpkin soup is a puree soup, this means that you put all the ingredients in the soup and let it boil gently. When all vegetables are soft, puree the soup with a hand blender to a nice smooth soup full of vegetables. As a variation, you can use either vegetable or chicken stock.
What’s in the pumpkin soup?
For a large pan of soup for 4 people you need the following
- 1 regular pumpkin or 2 bottle gourds or make yourself comfortable and buy sliced pumpkin cubes around 800 grams.
- a carrot or ready-made grated carrot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 large onion
- yellow bell pepper
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 900 ml of water
- possibly some creme fraiche to make it creamier.
- to taste you can add some extra herbs cumin seeds, turmeric or cayenne pepper
How to make the pumpkin soup?
- Cut the pumpkin in half and remove the seeds
- Peel and dice the pumpkin
- Cut the remaining vegetables into pieces
- Chop the onion and finely chop the garlic
- Heat a little coconut oil in the soup pan
- Fry the garlic with the onion
- Then add the chopped pumpkin and vegetables and fry briefly
- Season with some herbs
- Add 900 ml of boiling water and the 2 stock cubes
- Let the soup cook until the pumpkin is soft
- Allow the soup to cool slightly and then puree everything with the hand blender
- Add some creme fraiche to make the soup a little creamier
Why is pumpkin soup healthy?
This soup is packed with vegetables and also contains a lot of fiber thanks to the pumpkin. Pumpkin is very rich in omega3 fats which stimulates the development of your brain. It is not without reason that pumpkin becomes the ultimate brain food