Do you want to give your children a healthy snack? Then this is a great recipe, healthy muffins! There is no wheat or sugar in it, because they are made from oatmeal. But very tasty and also sweet. Of course, a real muffin tastes slightly better, but an apple is not as tasty as a piece of apple pie.
The blueberries in the muffins promote concentration, enough reasons to give the muffins a try. The muffins can be eaten as a snack, but of course also for breakfast or in the lunchbox for lunch.
What do you need for the Oatmeal muffins with blueberries?
For about 9 muffins you need the following ingredients
- 200 grams of oats (malt) flakes
- 2 eggs1 tablespoon of honey
- 3 dried dates
- 1 banana1 cup of blueberries
- Pinch of salt
- Spacious tablespoon of baking powder
- Pinch of cinnamon (possibly some honey to make it a little sweeter)
- 120 ml almond milk
How do you make the Oatmeal muffins with blueberries?
Preparation is fairly easy.
- Heat the over for 180 ° C
- Mix the dates, almond milk and the banana to a smooth whole, use a blender or blender for this.
- Then add oatmeal.
- After this, beat the eggs into a light whole and add them together with all other ingredients. (except for the berries)
- Stir everything well until you have a nice and even batter.
- Divide the batter over the muffin molds and push a few berries into each muffin. Make sure they disappear well under the batter, so that you have a delicious surprise in the middle of your muffin.
- Put the muffin tins in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- The muffin is cooked when a skewer comes out clean and dry.
Why are oatmeal muffins with blueberries healthy?
Because oatmeal contains many soluble fibers, it can swell nicely and keeps your stomach ‘full’ for a long time. That is why it is so suitable as a breakfast to get through the morning without grunting. The carbohydrates in oatmeal are absorbed slowly, so that there is no rapid peak in blood glucose levels and the energy is slowly released into the blood. Blueberries improve the concentration of children.