It’s been a while since we have eaten beetroots and that while they are so healthy. That is why today I make a wonderfully colorful beetroot risotto. A nutritious and healthy single-pan dish. I really like one-pan dishes because they have the big advantage that everything can be put in a pan and that you have little washing up. How nice is that!
For the beet risotto I use pre-cooked beets because otherwise it will all take a very long time. You can use both brown rice and cauliflower rice depending on how many carbohydrates you and your children have eaten the rest of the day. When you use cauliflower rice, you need half of vegetable broth.
What do you need for the beetroot risotto?
In addition to a large frying pan or wok, you need the following ingredients for 4 people:
- 3/4 liter vegetable broth (or 350 ml in the case of cauliflower rice)
- 250 grams of brown rice or 400 grams of cauliflower rice
- 400 grams of cooked beetroot
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp chopped thyme
- 100 grams of soft ricotta or goat cheese
- coconut oil
How to prepare the beetroot risotto?
- Grate the beetroot or cut into small cubes
- Peel and chop the onion and finely chop the garlic.
- Fry the onion and garlic together with the thyme in the pan
- If the onion is glassy, add the rice
- Fry the rice for a minute while stirring
- Add a third of the vegetable stock and keep stirring until the stock is absorbed
- Add the beetroot and stir it through
- Add the rest of the broth while stirring for 15 minutes until all the broth has been absorbed and the rice is al dente
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the ricotta or goat cheese.
Why is beetroot risotto healthy?
Beetroot is an excellent source of vitamins. There is really a lot of folic acid, also knows as vitamin B11 in beetroot. The beet improves the blood circulation in the brain. What benefits its functioning.
The ricotta and goat cheese are packed with proteins, calcium and proteins. Important substances that our body needs to grow muscle mass and keep bones strong.