A hearty pie or quiche is always delicious here. In the beginning it took some getting used to, because a cake is generally sweet anyway, but now they love it. I always cut all vegetables as small as possible, because sometimes pieces of vegetables sometimes want to be fished in between. You can use different vegetables in savory pie, below our favorite recipe for a delicious broccoli pie.
What do you need for this savory broccoli pie?
We do not use puff pastry for this savory pie because they contain many unhealthy saturated fats. The cake is sturdy enough to make it without crust. The cake is also less powerful this way. We use a quiche shape of 28 centimeters, for this we need the following ingredients:
- 400 grams of broccoli florets
- 250 grams of ham cubes
- 50 gr grated cheese
200 ml cooking cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 4 dried tomatoes
- Pepper and salt
How do you make the savory broccoli pie?
- Cut the broccoli into small florets
- Boil the broccoli for 3-4 minutes, drain, rinse in cold water and drain.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Divide the broccoli and ham cubes over the quiche form.
- Beat the eggs with the cream, oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Pour this mixture over the vegetables and ham.
- Sprinkle the mixture with the remaining cheese.
- Bake the broccoli pie in the middle of the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Garnish the pie with the dried tomatoes.
Why is this savory pie healthy?
Broccoli is low in calories and is very nutritious. It contains a lot of iron, folic acid and vitamin B6.
The iron content in our blood, or rather the lack of it, influences our ability to concentrate. Folic acid and vitamin B6 help to convert tryptophan, including those present in bananas, into serotonin that brightens up your mood. In addition, broccoli also contains a lot of vitamin K, which stimulates brain function.
Eggs are rich in choline and lecithin. Choline is important for the development of the brain and brain functions. Lecithin improves the digestion and transport of fats. It improves our memory and has a positive effect on our learning ability.